CLA is a multi-species organization composed of beef (feedlot and cow-calf), dairy, swine, and sheep producers. There are five councils which include: Producer, Feeder, Dairy, Swine and Industry Partners. Each council has an elected leader. With the help from their staff liaison the council chair plans and hosts council specific events throughout the year. Our Board of Directors is composed of fifteen people and meets six times throughout the year.There are five committees which include: Finance, Audit, Worker’s Compensation, Legislative, and Natural Resources. Each committee has a Chair appointed by the President of the Association. The committees are open to all members, and we encourage new members to get involved.
There are currently two interest groups approved by the CLA Board: the Future Livestock Leaders and the Workforce interest group. These groups are open to all members who have an interest in participating. Additionally, if any member sees a need to establish another interest group they may do so by addressing the CLA Board of Directors. Questions? Contact our office at (970) 378-0500.
Interested in supporting livestock agriculture in Colorado? Your membership in the Association includes:
- Involvement in establishing CLA direction and policy regarding issues affecting your business.
- Your voice in the legislature and with regulators.
- Access to professional staff to serve your environmental, legislative, regulatory, safety, and quality needs.
- The opportunity to take advantage of group worker’s compensation insurance.
- Updates on issues of importance to the livestock industry.
- Listing in the association’s annual Vision magazine membership directory.
- The opportunity to attend educational seminars on timely issues within the industry.
Contact our office at (970) 378-0500 if you would like to become a member or click here to sign up!
Interested in becoming involved? Contact Kellee at email@example.com